So, after I got home, I had to have me a popover, seriously! Mind you , I've never made a popover before. I went online and picked out a most simple recipe. Less than an hour later, these beauties popped out of my oven. They were crispy on the outside and fluffy- soft on the inside. And what a hit they were! My husband, who had dropped in for lunch, popped more than a few of these into his mouth- I had to hide the rest for the kids . A dollop (or two ) of butter and maybe a few drizzles of honey and you are good to go. Simple yummmover, is all I'm saying!
(adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- *Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- *Grease and flour 12 wells in a regular cupcake/muffin tray.
- In a bowl, whisk your eggs till lightly beaten.
- Add in flour, milk salt. Beat until smooth.
- Pour halfway up each individual well.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees for an additional 15 minutes or until done.
You can use individual ramekins too, for which you'd probably fill up to 6-8 ramekins with above recipe.