Friday, February 17, 2012

Do you prefer coffee or chai?



Happy Friday everyone! Thanks a lot for the support, it gives me such encouragement , I truly appreciate it.
So, it's a Friday, and I thought, why not pair up two caffeine packed, much favored beverages and create an essay around them, an ode possibly? Anyone up for some coffee or tea?  I confess, I love caffeine, but mainly in the form of  kappi and chai, (coffee and tea). Paired with a good book, it's my time well spent , an absolute, wonderful, comfort haven.
 With coffee, I've had almost every kind known to man, au lait, cappuccino, macchiato, carmeletto, whatever, whatever... but nothing quite compares to the pow of the kappi I make at home. Yes, in my no frou frou brew maker, I brew the strongest potion possible.
 Simple coffee:
1/2 cup espresso, or super strong brewed coffee
1/2 cup milk( preferably 1% or higher fat content)
Sugar, sweetener according to choice

Brew your coffee. Heat your milk to a boil. Combine the two, and sweeten. But before you sip from your favorite mug, you have to do the high pour.

And what is that you ask? All you  need are a pair of  outstretched arms (One up , one down) and each hand holding a cup/ mug, one with the the hot liquid of choice.  Pour down the coffee from one hand to the other, repeat , being careful not to splash on yourself or anyone else. After a few rythmic swigs back and forth, your coffee has just reached the right amount of froth and the right temperature. Now, you got some very good beverage in your hands! Savor away !



And for those that would prefer a nice, hot cup of Cardamom Ginger chai:

1/2 tsp grated ginger or 1/4 tsp ginger powder
1 cardamom, crushed
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup 1% milk
1 heaping tsp loose black leaf tea
Sugar or sweetener

With the ginger, cardamom added, let the milk and water come to a boil. Add in your tea leaves. Allow it to roll on a boil for  a few seconds. Take off heat , cover and steep for 3 minutes. Strain and sweeten. Now you do your high pour.It is essential to do this for chai too. It makes everything combine perfectly, aerates the tea and  you can tone up some arm muscles while you're at it . Here's a demo for those of you ready to embrace this new technique in tea/coffee making. Click high pour . Chai latte anyone?

My favorite mug, purchased at a Joyce Meyer conference...the word HOPE imprinted on it in different languages, including my own,malayalam. PRATHYASHA.





2 comments:

  1. I prefer chai and will make your recipe, but I don't think I could possibly to the "pour" the way that man did -- wow!! (although, if I did, I would then clean my floor which would be a good thing!) Just found your blog today (5/14/12)through Pioneer Woman and have book-marked it. :-) God Bless! Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to do a high pour without flooding the kitchen (sshhh). No worries,as long as there's some froth, you're good :-) I must find you on TK, I guess that's where you found me. Thanks so much, Tonia. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

Proud to be an Indiblogger