Thursday, November 21, 2013

Peanut butter Oreo blondies



Blondies weren't part of my vernacular until pretty recent, we go back not more than 5 years. Being a knownoother Brownie loyalist I  had no room in my tastebud horizon for any bar outside the dark and intense. Therein, I had a maddeningly hard time in accepting those pale types, something almost-like-but-not-quite chewycrusted one. Finally I came to, fonding often for a newfound coffeeshop version, having me realize, there really is no competition, both could coexist in harmony, perfect in their own ways, and totally putting my mind to rest. 

The middle sunk a bit, and still so *gasp gasp* good.

Moreever, I did notice that numerous blondie recipes on the WWW were on the most part decent. Whereas, 99 % of brownies I came across, fell into 1 of 2 categories: dry-cakey air or bitter-fudged gunk. No worries here, since I've had my fair share of gold from the swamp. Further to that, a certain fair bombshell did a one up in my mind- that's when a high appreciation for the bars came into being. I now see you can't do much wrong with this toffeelike treat and its variant possibilities.

Browned buttered bar introduced by Martha is where I truly and first fell prey. A disarmingly yummy one, that I hope to unload with thoughts, right here, possibly after I find it it from my zillion point list of  HaveTo's, WantTo's and MustDo' s. But that's talk for another day.

Today, I want you to not only get excited about my subject, that had me do a once over, this blondie spiel which requires a more- than-glimpse- and- go. Instead you should ogle, dwell until resoluteness hits and mental-up the ingredients, one-by one. This is for you. Can I hear you squeal?

Centered horizontal, you should place the cookies soclosetoeach, that there is ample assurance of scoring an Oreo on every bite.

PbO blondie is a dense one, so stinking fabulous that it kind of screams it with every slice.  In its name is key ingredient peanut butter, which gets whipped in, giving ethereal fluff, providing blondie's pronouced flavor, and perhaps height. And these ones probably need that extent upward due to an overambitious padded midsection. With more than 2 rows of Oreos marking the best point territory, this surprise-in-the-center is almost the final gilding of the lily. Almost. A freeform layer of white chocolate chips withered across milk's favorite cookie takes the insane eat to its ne plus ultra destiny.

And here, the sugar-to- sugar ratio hits perfect proportion, allowing for a gooey middle and crisp edges. 

You're right, it is an outrageously overdone piece of confection, a jampacked hunkabar, beyond awesome, and very picture pretty. Supertraits indeed, considering the same earns some Blondies  beateuous capes and flying hammers. Just saying.

Serve these with milk and your kids might throw you a cape, maybe a crown too. Or be like me, test a few on your own. Though, it could be hard to stop at *cough, cough* 3 . Oh well, expectations of fixed Thighmaster intervals and some quality stretch pants fill my future. Worth and worth it, I tell you, except maybe for the pants.

Ingredients:
  • ⅔ cup soft butter
  • 1 c brown sugar
  • ½ c sugar
  • ¾ c peanut butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 3/4 c all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ⅓ c  half and half
  • enough Oreo cookies to spread side by side (probably about 16-18), and depending on size of pan
  • ½ (12 oz) bag white chocolate chips 
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking dish, or for thinner bars a 9×13 pan will be fine.
  • On medium speed using an electric mixer beat together butter, brown sugar, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
  • Reduce speed, a flour and baking powder and mix till incorporated. Add the half and half and mix. 
  • Spread half the batter in the prepared dish; layer Oreos evenly over the batter. Top with white chips. Then top with remaining half of batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of your pan (less time for a rectangle, more time for a square) until golden and wooden pick inserted in center comes clean, with maybe a few sticky crumbs, since the effect is for a chewy soft center.

This time, last year: Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake. A dessert repeat for Thanksgiving again this year. So very good.
******
"The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom." Deuteronomy 28:13

7 comments:

  1. I prefer blondies to brownies since I am not a chocolate lover esp dark.. :-) These look perfectly done Tisa and wish I could crab that off the screen :-) Bookmarking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rekha !I do love chocolate, but I see my tastes are broadening and I love that!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with Rekha I am not a chocolate fan other than pure bars like twix or five star.The blondies suits my needs well .Love to have one from that tower right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meena. If I could I'd give you the whole tower:)) I ♥ Twix too.

      Delete
  3. Ahh now thatz a tempting one.....with peanut butter, oreo and chocolate chip in it.....its hard to not let my mouth water

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh we are craving for these blondies like crazy...looks so tempting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These oreo blondes have my name written all over them :D
    You are awesome!

    Cheers
    CCU

    P.S I recently lost 1000 subscribers and I have no idea how :( If you were subscribed, please resubscribe if you can, it would be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

Proud to be an Indiblogger